Report an STR Violation

Learn more about reporting a Short Term Rental (STR) if you suspect it is unpermitted or if it is causing other problems.

Unpermitted STR

Step 1.Report a Suspected Unpermitted STR

All STRs are required to have a permit. 

Report Online

You may also use one of the following options:

Report to 311

To report a violation for a short term rental operating without a permit:

Report by Email

Use our contact form and include the following information:

  • property address
  • if available, the active listing as shown on the advertising website (like Airbnb, VRBO, Homeaway)
Report to Avenu 24 Hour Contact
Call 855-431-4818.

Step 2.Inspection Process

When you report this issue:

  1. The complaint is forwarded to the Code Enforcement Section.
  2. An inspection will take place within three days.
  3. A 14-day notice will be issued for an observed violation.
  4. If the violation has not been corrected at the time of reinspection, a citation is issued. It will be for up to $500 per day the property remains in violation of the STR ordinance.

Problems With an STR

Step 1.Report a Problem

To report a problem with an existing STR, here are a few helpful numbers:

  1. Call 210-207-SAPD (210-207-7273).
  2. Obtain a case number and email it to us
Call 3-1-1 or 210-207-6000.

Call 210-207-SAPD (210-207-7273)  to report any of the following:

  • street parking concerns
  • blocking driveways
  • parking on private property
  • parking too close to intersections
  • parked vehicles impeding traffic on city streets

Step 2.24 Hour Contact

To access, please do the following steps:

  1. Go to the BuildSA portal.
  2. Click on “Land Development” and input the STR Permit number in the “Application Number” Field.
  3. Click “Search”.
  4. Click on “More Details” and look under “Related Contacts”.