Contractor Registration & Licensing

All City and State licensed contractors must be registered with Development Services before permits are issued. Registration requirements vary depending on the type of license or registration you hold.


Some licenses/registrations require the contractor to provide a bond or maintain insurance coverage at all times. Please refer to the trade category for the type of work you will be performing to find out what the insurance and registration requirements are.

If your insurance coverage has expired, please upload an updated insurance certificate to your BuildSA registration record using the Customer Portal.