Domestic Violence Resources

Ways to Get Help

Talk to Someone

Call Family Violence Prevention Services at 210-733-8810 anytime to speak to a crisis intervention specialist.

Leave an Abusive Relationship Safely
Please call San Antonio Police Department (SAPD) non-emergency number at 210-207-7273, and the advocates with the Crisis Response Teams can help you make a plan.
Apply for a Protective Order

Bexar County DA Office - You can apply for a protective order online.

Bexar County Family Justice Center - If you would like to discuss whether a protective order is right for you, please call 210-631-0100, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Get Notified When Someone is Released from Jail
VINE is a free, secure, and confidential way to access custody status and criminal case information.
Create a Safety Plan

A safety plan is a set of actions that can help lower your risk of being hurt. It has information specific to you and your life that will increase your safety at school, home, and other places that you go on a daily basis.
Safety Plan(PDF, 196KB)

Emergency Housing

Family Violence Prevention Services (FVPS) is able to offer residential and non-residential clients shelter, transitional housing, among other services. Call 210-733-8810 for more information.

Legal Services

The Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid, Inc. (TRLA) provides free legal services to indigent residents of South and West Texas and to migrant and seasonal farm workers throughout Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee.

Find Out if Your Relationship is Safe

Signs of Abuse


  • Bruises, welts, cuts
  • Broken bones
  • Broken eyeglasses
  • Rope marks
  • Hoarse voice (strangulation)


  • Bruises or bleeding around breast, genital, anal areas
  • Bites on body

Red Flags in Partners

  • Moves quickly into relationship
  • Does not honor boundaries
  • Wants to know partner whereabouts
  • Excessively jealous
  • Criticizes or blames partner
  • Isolates partner
  • Impulsive and rages
  • Does not listen to partner or show interest in their needs
  • Controls partner's actions and behavior
  • Use of alcohol/drugs

Hotlines & Helplines

Rape Crisis Center

The Rape Crisis Center will be offering all their free and confidential counseling services via phone and/or telehealth using Zoom Video Conferencing.

Call 210-349-7273 anytime to speak to an advocate.

Trans LifeLine

This hotline is staffed exclusively by transgender operators. It provides emotional support and financial resources to trans people.

Call 1-877-565-8860 between 9 a.m. - 3 a.m. daily to speak to an advocate.

StrongHearts Native Helpline

Confidential hotline for domestic/sexual violence specifically for native communities.

Call 1-844-762-8483 between 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily to speak to an advocate.

National Sexual Assault Hotline

Call 1-800-656-4673 anytime to receive free, confidential support from a counselor.

Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline

Call 1-800-422-4453 anytime to speak to a counselor. Options for live chat and texting are available as well on the Childhelp website.

National Parent Helpline

Parenting can be overwhelming, especially during times of crisis. If you are struggling or need some support, call 1-855-427-2736 between 12 - 9 p.m. Monday through Friday to speak to a trained advocate.

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Call 1-800-799-7233 and TTY (confidential and free).

If you are unable to speak safely, you can log onto the National Domestic Violence Hotline website or text LOVEIS to 22522.