Tax Rate Summary
Property Tax Rate
The City's property tax rate consists of two components: Maintenance & Operations (M&O) and Debt Service.
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 tax rate per $100 of taxable value is as follows:
- M&O: 33.009 cents
- Debt Service: 21.150 cents
- Total tax rate: 54.159 cents
Sales and Use Tax
The sales tax rate is 8.250% and is distributed as follows:
- 1.000% City of San Antonio
- 0.125% dedicated to the City of San Antonio Ready to Work Program
- 0.125% dedicated to the City of San Antonio Pre-K 4 SA initiative
- 0.250% San Antonio Advanced Transportation District (ATD)
- 0.500% San Antonio Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA)
- 6.250% State of Texas
For information on the State Hotel Occupancy Tax, visit the Texas Comptroller's website.
Hotel Occupancy Tax
The City's Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) rate is 9%, comprised of a 7% general occupancy tax and 2% for the Convention Center expansion. The City also collects 1.75% for Bexar County.
This is in addition to the 6% rate imposed by the State of Texas, which must be remitted to the State.
For more information, visit our Hotel Occupancy Tax page or call 1-800-252-1385.