Permits are required for livestock.
- Livestock Permit(PDF, 94KB)
- Other requirements:
- For livestock permit - documentation from Housing and Neighborhood Services stating that the property is zoned for such.
- For livestock and poultry - a site plan indicating location of animal housing with proximity to adjacent property structures, and property boundaries
Did You Know?
- It is unlawful to keep or maintain swine, including pot-belly pigs, within the City (Chapter 5. Sec. 5-50.).
- That it shall be unlawful for any person to keep livestock in the city without first applying in writing and obtaining a livestock permit (Chapter 5. Sec. 5-114.).
- That the total number of domestic fowl and livestock allowed at a residence is ten which may include: (Chapter 5. Sec. 5-109)
- Up to eight domestic fowl (chickens, etc.) with only ONE of which can be a rooster and
- Up to two animals from the following classes of livestock (with a livestock permit):
- All livestock and fowl must be restrained at all times in accordance with City law. Failure to do so may result in citations and/or the impoundment of the roaming animals.
Livestock at ACS
When residents think about ACS, they generally think about dogs and cats. But did you know that ACS also brings in other types of animals including livestock, poultry, even exotics. Because the cost of caring for these special animals can be expensive, the shelter has seen an increase in the number of horses, goats, donkeys, and other hoofstock brought in to the shelter.