$30 Million in ARPA State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF)
NOTE: This program is in Phase II of the City's two-phased strategy.
In November 2021, the City Council approved this funding for utility assistance.
Water and electricity utilities assistance was made available to eligible household applicants who were financially affected by the COVID-19 crisis with utility bills in arrears.
CPS Energy and San Antonio Water System (SAWS) are administering the program to assist eligible households with utility payments.
Apply for Utility Assistance
- CPS Energy - $21.3 Million
- Financial assistance for electric and gas utility payments.
- CPS Energy provides San Antonio’s electric and natural gas services.
- SAWS – $8.7 Million
- Financial assistance for water utility payments.
- SAWS provides San Antonio’s local drinking water and sewage services.