Our Child Care Services (CCS) Division provides subsidized child care assistance and provider management services for Bexar County, and 12 surrounding areas including:
Our programs provide child care subsidies to an average of 12,000 children per day through more than 600 child care providers.
Child care services are available for both full and part-time care for qualifying families. Eligible families may encounter a wait period for service availability. To be eligible, individuals must meet certain criteria:
- Child(ren) must be under 13 years of age (Under 19 years of age for a child with disabilities)
- Families' income must not exceed 85% of the state median income. Review income eligibility guidelines:
- Single parent working or in training/school at least 25 hours per week or two-parent household with both parents working or in training/school, with each parent averaging 25 hours per week
Those eligible for child care assistance include:
- Parents who are receiving Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Parents who have recently stopped receiving TANF benefits because of earned income
- Teen parents from low-income families who need child care to attend school
- Parents with low incomes who have children with disabilities
- Parents who meet the definition of experiencing homelessness
- A single parent working or in training/school at least twenty-five (25) hours per week
- A two-parent household with both parents working or in training/school, at least 50 combined hours per week
- Families who do not meet the minimum participation requirements can qualify for child care while searching for work (A job search is limited to 3 months) Parents enrolling under an initial job search must self-attest they are not meeting the participation requirement and have registered with the state’s labor exchange system. At the end of the three months, the family must meet the income eligibility activity requirements:
- 25 hours for a single parent, with at least 12 hours in employment; or 50 hours combined for dual-parent families, with at least 25 combined hours in employment
- At the end of the initial three months of eligibility, if the family still does not meet minimum activity requirements, care will be terminated.
All Child Care Services forms are available in both Spanish and English online.
To have a form mailed via USPS to you or for any questions, call 210-230-6300.
Visit the Workforce Solutions Alamo Childcare Services Forms for more information about the following forms:
- Wait List Application
- Intake Packet
- Redetermination Packet
- Employment Verification Forms
- Status Change Form
- Residency Form
- Customer Service Survey
- Community Highlights / Share Your Story
For Parents / Caregivers
For Child Care Providers
Emergency Child Care Services
For information on emergency services, visit our Emergency Child Care Services page or call 210-230-6343.