City Manager, Erik Walsh
A native of San Antonio, Erik Walsh began serving as City Manager on March 1, 2019. In his role, he leads the City's operations, organizational development, budget, fiscal policy, and contract management.
Before being appointed City Manager, Walsh worked as the City's Deputy City Manager and Assistant City Manager. Throughout his tenure, he has led efforts to enhance the effectiveness and delivery of City services.
His core focus is to serve our residents through exceptional customer service, strong financial management, data-driven decision making and leading an employee first culture. Because of this, Walsh has been nationally recognized for his contributions to the city management profession.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Trinity University
- Master of Science in Urban Administration, Trinity University
- International City/County Management Association
- Texas City Management Association
- Local Government Hispanic Network
Walsh is happily married to his wife Sandra and they have two children.